Tuesday

my goals.

i really like making goals. long term, short term, goals for the day/week, anything. i enjoy having a set list of things i want to do or complete in a given amount of time. so that's why i set four goals for my summer:
1. explore new recipes and try them out
2. make new crafts
3. get in shape
4. become a coupon expert
to add to this list i will be catching up on some reading, spending quality time with my husband (J), finding a place to live come september, and saving money like crazy. this blog is simply to keep me on track and help document my progress. i will post pictures, share good deals/coupons that i find, record recipes that are successful and give my opinion about books that i read. i'm excited.

so what have i done so far to begin reaching my goals? well i have gone through, cleaned out and organized ALL of my craft supplies (paint, scrap booking materials, ribbon, jewelry making supplies, sewing kit, etc), j and i have walked three days (for three miles) in the last week, i invested in some 5 lbs. weights to do some mild arm toning exercises, and tonight we made a new vegetable recipe. it was delicious and i give all the credit to the hendricks family. here's the recipe:
Feta Peppers

yellow bell pepper
red bell pepper
garlic
salt
olive oil
feta cheese
preheat oven to 400. cut the bell peppers into strips and put in mixing bowl. coat peppers with olive oil, salt and garlic (i didn't have exact amounts for any of the ingredients and it still turned out great. just add to taste) Bake for 12-15 min. then remove from oven and add feta on top. bake another 5 min. ENJOY.
we ate them with roast and it was the perfect balance of flavors.

this will be a great summer.

6 comments:

  1. Love your blog!!!! Be careful...it can take a lot of your time and energy! and... I think I'll try that recipe. I really like feta cheese. One of my favorites! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way for me to keep up with everything going on in your daily life--I love it! The Feta Peppers sound great...I will make them for me...Dad and Braden will not eat the peppers. I am so proud of all the new things you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the magnets (wouldn't mind have a few myself...hint...hint)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha Sheila.... I thought the same thing! The magnets are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So are you guys moving out of Houston Levee?

    ReplyDelete